Re: [AD] Preparing 4.2.1, issues

On Monday 30 January 2006 02:07, Peter Wang wrote:
> Easier: cdir=$(basename $(pwd))

Right. I keep forgetting that...

> I think if the directory is not called allegro and we can't make the
> symlink, then just abort and ask the user to solve it himself.

We do.
Actually, the symlink comment is misleading because making it a symlink
causes zip to just store the symlink... which isn't really useful. I'll
see if I can get around that because copying everything over just to zip
it up seems a bit... redundant.

> > +# Change back to previous directory
> > +cd ../$cdir
>
> This might not be needed if it's at the end of the script (I didn't
> check).

Neither did I, but it seems you're right. I usually explicitly undo
whatever I did that I don't intend to last, but I'll keep the script clean
of such redundant things.

> > +rm -rf ../allegro
>
> That's kinda dangerous, and not really necessarily if you follow what I
> wrote above.

Well, it will only reach that line if the directory was created by the
script, so it should be safe to do. It's mainly there because I got tired
of typing it manually after running the script a couple of times.

But I've been thinking, if we're doing the copy operation anyway, there's
no real reason why we can't copy to a directory called allegro sitting in
a temporary directory one level up. Deleting that should not cause any
problems in any situation.

Evert