Re: [AD] build process overhaul

Sure, you can make a build of the C version only. The .s files are
likely to go soon (and if not, we can always add a special scanner
for .s files later).

I just wanted to show my progress so far because I know this is taking forever but I assure you I am slowly but surely getting something done. I have the beginnings of configure-like checks but right now it seems like user-defined checks always have an error message printed out. I posted to the scons list about it but its a pretty minor bug anyway.