Re: [AD] new demo game

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 11:53 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 December 2005 01:13, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > Maybe we should just commit the latest version (I assume you have the
> > newest),
>
> I do.
>
> > even if it's somewhat broken - that way more people could work
> > on it.
>
> Well, it's not broken, but I have some documentation patches from Miran and
> Thomas that I need to merge in.
>
> I should have free time on friday. I'll try to commit it then.
>
> > I like the idea of a demos module. For distributions, e.g. upcoming
> > 4.2.1, we could simply distribute the skater demo along with it. But I'd
> > actually prefer it as separate download.
>
> Ok, how do I create a seperate module with SVN (I'm still getting used to
> it)? It looks to me like it's as easy as making a top level directory and
> doing am SVN add. Is that correct?

Even simpler, you can do it directly on the server:

svn mkdir -m"added demos module" http://svn.bafserv.com/svn/allegro/demos

The standard way is to then have the actual files in a "trunk"
subdirectory of the module. So I guess the tree should look like:

allegro/demos/classic/trunk
allegro/demos/skater/trunk

Then it can be checked out with e.g.:

svn co http://svn.bafserv.com/svn/allegro/demos/classic/trunk

Oh, and what do you think about putting all source code files into a src
subdirectory? I find that cleaner than the current way..

--
Elias Pschernig