RE: [AD] fbcon directcolor modes patch, and possible other patches

> > I added the FB_ACTIVATE_NOW flag, I think it's unnecessary, so you
> > may or may not remove it, it works with it, it worked without.
>
> What does it do?

It just tells fbdev to change the mode now, as opposed to waiting
for next open, from the comments.
I was just trying out various things to see if that was helping,
and set other values to eliminate possible issues so I don't end
up with a problem with several different causes, some of which
being undefined values.