RE: [AD] fbcon directcolor modes patch, and possible other patches

> It looks like the __al_linux_console_graphics() call will cause the
> current video mode to be saved, then restored when
> __al_linux_console_text() is called.  If I am right, a better
> fix is to
> move the __al_linux_console_graphics() call to before the video mode
> gets set.  Further investigation required.

I'll try that.
I actually had a look at that code (drivers/char/vt_ioctl.c), but IIRC
it doesn't do much at all, in particular it doesn't reset the mode.
It might be different on other kernels (I was looking at 2.6.14).
The only thing it does AFAICS is decide whether to remember or not
the text contents when you switch back and forth VTs.

I'll try your suggestion tonight.