Re: [AD] fbcon directcolor modes patch, and possible other patches

On 2005-11-17, Vincent Penecherc'h <Vincent.Penecherch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had a look, but couldn't find anything obvious. Allegro does try
> > to set the right mode (same res as on startup) through a ioctl which
>
> And I found some time yesterday evening, and fixed it. I don't know
> *why* this fixes it, it looks like you can't change the mode before
> you've relinquished gfx mode, but I don't know why. So, it'd be nice
> if some people who use fbdev check whether the mode reset works with
> this patch (I've tested with radeonfb).

It looks like the __al_linux_console_graphics() call will cause the
current video mode to be saved, then restored when
__al_linux_console_text() is called.  If I am right, a better fix is to
move the __al_linux_console_graphics() call to before the video mode
gets set.  Further investigation required.

> Also, I noticed that while investigating the directcolor cmap problem,
> I added the FB_ACTIVATE_NOW flag, I think it's unnecessary, so you
> may or may not remove it, it works with it, it worked without.

What does it do?

Peter