Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC2

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 17:39 +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-08-29, Milan Mimica <mmimica@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Do not drop the patch please! For me, it's a hassle downloading
> > 2MB. I'm always rather patching than downloading. And what's the
> > big deal to create a patch?
>
> Hmmm... have you keeping up to date with the released diffs? I'm
> surprised, I don't remember when but I thought I made a mistake at
> some release point where a specific diff was lost.

beta4 wasn't made against 4.1.18 as it states at least, I think. Someone
reported it failed to me, at least.

> > But why are patches zipped instead of gzipped? Aren't they primary
> > intended to be used in unix enviroment?
>
> DOS legacy, like 8+3 filenames.

And in unix, you can as well use cvs, not harder to use than diff. I
think, the easier the release is to do, the better :) But then, the diff
generation is quite automated, right? Just the hassle of SF upload..

--
Elias Pschernig