Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC2

On 8/28/05, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's been uploaded.  Elias or Grzegorz needs to update the web pages.
>
> Matthew, you were offering to do the Windows binaries, correct?

I have individuals binaries made for BCC32, MinGW, MSVC 6, MSVC 7,
MSVC 7.1, and MSVC 8 that include lib, bin (dll), and include files. I
then have a global "misc" package that contains source code and
Windows binaries for all examples and tools. I also have documentation
packages for CHM, HTML, RTF, and Text.

I'll upload them to a.cc this evening.

I have not made a "msvc make" package yet. That is the one that
currently is called "binary" on SF - it provides the DLLs and a batch
file to build Allegro without needing make. It's my opinion that we
ought to just not supply that package any more as it requires separate
maintenance and quite frankly isn't very useful with pre-built libs
and DLLs already available. If someone really wants to compile Allegro
for MSVC, they should have to install MinGW; otherwise, they can just
download one of the pre-built packages.

--
Matthew Leverton