Re: [AD] Finishing up 4.2 for RC1

On Monday 08 August 2005 20:30, Peter Hull wrote:
> I'd say we should try, since making a binary package can easily go wrong
> (forgotten files etc) so it's one thing we should 'practice' with the
beta.

Ok, that's a good reason. I can't do this myself (except for 64 bit Linux,
which probably isn't a bright idea in the first place), so I'll leave that
to you guys to finish up. :)

I've uploaded the RC1 package I posted the link to to sourceforge, but I
haven't made it publicly visible yet nor announced it (for obvious
reasons) to allow for the addition of binary packages. I also didn't write
up the release notes yet, but they can probably more or less be copied
from the beta release notes.
I'll be away until sunday evening so someone else will have to upload the
binary packages, make the release visible and announce it on the
mailinglist and Allegro.cc.

A quick rundown of doing the source-forge side of things in case someone
who hasn't done this before wants to do it:

1. Pack up the binary package and upload it to the directory /incoming on
upload.sf.net. Use anonymous ftp to do that.
2. Fire up a web browser and go to Allegro's project page, then admin->file
releases and scroll to the bottom. Select edit releases for the
`allegro-unstable' package.
3. Edit the 4.2.0-rc1 release. Select the file you just uploaded from the
list and add it to the project. Hit refresh.
4. Edit the file's properties and hit update.
5. Change the release status from `hidden' to `active' and update.
6. Edit the 4.2.0-beta4 release and change the status from `active' to
`hidden'.
7. Go to the download page and check that the update went ok.

By the way, Peter H: why aren't you listed as a developer (and MacOS X
maintainer) yet? :P

`See' you all again next week!

Evert