Re: [AD] new makedoc tool

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 13:18 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:

> At least it encourages makedoc authors to wrap their lines :)

Yes, but that's bad. Imagine you'd have to write .tex files, but decide
in the source where linebreaks are. I think this is something that still
comes from the time .txt was the main output format, and both the ._tx
as well as the .txt were viewed in a DOS 80 column screen. So then, it
was alright to have it. But now, it either degrades .txt output, or
makes editing the ._tx a pain, since you always need to care about line
breaks. (.txt is no important output anymore I think, but still..)

> > How does the future path look? I guess, allegro._tx (and all the
> > other ._tx) can be moved from the 4.3.x branch to the makedoc module or
> > a separate docs module.
>
> Any reason?

Hm, I just thought, since you can't build it without extra tools, might
want to not have it in the main CVS module - but then, it can as well
stay there.

> I'd like to hear what Grzegorz has to say, if he's listening.

Yes, definitely. But it has time for after 4.2 anyway, and Grzegorz is
on holidays for about 4 weeks - that's what he told me:

--
Elias Pschernig