Re: [AD] new makedoc tool

On 2005-07-01, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think it follows more rigidly allegdoc.dtd when possible.
> >

> Would it be hard to have indentation and word-wrapping of free-text
> paragraphs in the XML output? The Python, Perl and C versions have it
> (only sure about C), and it makes the XML somewhat more readable.

Other than for debugging, is there much use in being able to read the
output?  You can run it through HTML Tidy (tidy -indent -xml) to get
indented output (though it wrecks non-freeform text) or view it through
Firefox to see the structure.

I've just written a word wrapping routine here, but I don't think it's
useful; makedoc lines are chopped every so often anyway.  Indenting tags
might muck up the source code a little (we can't set a global variable
to keep track of the "current" depth) but I'll see what I can do.

Oh, we have Texinfo output now :-)

Peter