Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC1 timetable

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 09:46 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
>  - some remaining problem with keyboards in Windows
> (reported on ACC, but I can't find the link... Elias?)

One was this:

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=484193

Basically, the reporter claims that key_shifts doesn't work correctly
under win98. I have no idea so far what would cause this.

The other was this:

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=493712

No idea at all what to think of it, I'll try if I somehow can the Esc
key get to be ignored in exkeys.

I'll try them both this weekend, but very likely I won't come up with a
solution to either. Unless I'd update that WM_CHAR driver I still have.

>  - font fixes by Elias still need to be applied (?)

Ah, yes. I'll submit the new patch today.

>  - configure/detection problems on Solaris
> (does the compile farm have a Solaris machine to test?)

Yes. "ssh cf.sf.net" should get you there :) (But I forgot how to check
out Allegro there, I think you need to use a special address for the cvs
server.)

>  - anything else?

What about my split demo? It's all ready to be committed, but somehow I
want an ok first :)

> I can have a look at the grabber and (part of) the documentation tomorrow.
> Especially the last one is going to be a lot of work and quite tedious as
> well, so if someone else is planning to look at it as well, then it would
> be best if we discuss who handles what section of the manual to avoid
> double work.

Hm, I sent a patch for rest() yesterday, so I can take the timer
section. And the keyboard section, I was to update the keyboard.dat info
in there anyway. Heh, I guess that's about 1% of the docs :)

> Are we supposed to do a binary release for release candidates as well as
> releases? The release.txt doc mentions the release should be compiled with
> MSVC, which I don't have (or plan to get). Is this just the script that
> presumes MSVC is present, meaning that a full build with MinGW will do
> just as well instead burt just isn't automated?

It would be nice to have a binary for sure. If all else fails, I could
try to do a cross-compiled one..

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>