[AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC1 timetable

Let's see if I don't forget anything that still needs to be done:

 - some gcc 4.0 fixes for DJGPP need to be applied
 - some remaining problem with keyboards in Windows
(reported on ACC, but I can't find the link... Elias?)
 - sound driver update in Windows by Chris
(posted on ACC, was it applied yet?)
 - font fixes by Elias still need to be applied (?)
 - configure/detection problems on Solaris
(does the compile farm have a Solaris machine to test?)
 - grabber doesn't use native mouse cursors if possible
(I think)
 - documentation needs to be checked thoroughly
(purge remaining DOSisms and add small example snippets and more text to
some of the sparser sections).
 - guilt's patches
 - making --msvcpaths the default in fix.bat
(do we want this?)
 - anything else?

I can have a look at the grabber and (part of) the documentation tomorrow.
Especially the last one is going to be a lot of work and quite tedious as
well, so if someone else is planning to look at it as well, then it would
be best if we discuss who handles what section of the manual to avoid
double work.

I would like to get 4.2.0 RC1 out next week. At some point I thought
wednesday would be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen, so
let's aim for friday/saturday. That means I'd like to freeze the CVS
repository at about 20.00 GMT.
Are we supposed to do a binary release for release candidates as well as
releases? The release.txt doc mentions the release should be compiled with
MSVC, which I don't have (or plan to get). Is this just the script that
presumes MSVC is present, meaning that a full build with MinGW will do
just as well instead burt just isn't automated?

Evert