Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC1 timetable

On 2005-06-04, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let's see if I don't forget anything that still needs to be done:
>
>  - some gcc 4.0 fixes for DJGPP need to be applied

- in particular, int_ds in src/misc/vbeafex.c

>  - some remaining problem with keyboards in Windows
> (reported on ACC, but I can't find the link... Elias?)
>  - sound driver update in Windows by Chris
> (posted on ACC, was it applied yet?)
>  - font fixes by Elias still need to be applied (?)
>  - configure/detection problems on Solaris
> (does the compile farm have a Solaris machine to test?)

- segfault in unix_get_executable_name on Solaris
  (see Shawn Walker's report)

- think about how we want to handle split_modex_screen

>  - grabber doesn't use native mouse cursors if possible
> (I think)
>  - documentation needs to be checked thoroughly
> (purge remaining DOSisms and add small example snippets and more text to
> some of the sparser sections).
>  - guilt's patches
>  - making --msvcpaths the default in fix.bat
> (do we want this?)
>  - anything else?

- settings CFLAGS from configure, as per gentoo bug

- gcc 4.0 problems in Windows

- buggy dos/wss.c (I doubt we could fix it)

- RMI midi file support? (don't include it, I'd say)

- Mac mouse cursor bug (resolved?)

- Mac default installation path?

- grabber.txt moved

> Are we supposed to do a binary release for release candidates as well as
> releases? The release.txt doc mentions the release should be compiled with
> MSVC, which I don't have (or plan to get). Is this just the script that
> presumes MSVC is present, meaning that a full build with MinGW will do
> just as well instead burt just isn't automated?

It's because MSVC produces/produced much smaller DLLs.

Peter