Re: [AD] Old problems that still persist on Allegro 4.2 beta 3

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 22:18 -0300, Marcio Fialho wrote:

> P.S.: It seems that in the file demo.dat, in the font used to display
> authors name, there are actually characters mapped in the range 128-255
> (or something like that), but these are mapped to a ugly standard glyph,
> perhaps repeated many times, just wasting storage space... I've written
> something about these two issues in the past with Elias or Evert,
> however I do not have time now to dig for past e-mails.

Yes, and from what I remember, the solution was to simply add the
missing glyphs to demo.dat. There only was some doubt which font to use,
it should be a completely free one. I remember, I tried to do it with
xf2pcx.. but there was some problem which I forgot :P Anyway, this
reminds me, I have a version of demo.c which is cleaned up and split up
into multiple files.. should I create a patch for it? Or will the demo
be removed for 4.2.0 anyway, so no point to apply it now? (In which
case, missing glyphs in demo.dat wouldn't matter as well..)

--
Elias Pschernig