Re: [AD] new_api_branch: al_create_display and blit patch

On 16/05/05, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have hit a bit of a snag though: when doing page flipping, X event queue
is flooded. From what I can tell, it's the same problem that used to
plague expal. This doesn't happen with 4.2, so it's due to a difference
between the 4.2 and 4.3 X11 driver. Probably there needs to be an XSync()
somewhere, but I can't figure out where. Someone with a better
understanding of the driver than I have may want to have a look at it.

I will try to look at it this week.

I haven't commited my blit() patch yet.
By the way, can we have a compat header file for compatibility stuff, just
as we have compat C files? It'll help clean up some of the headers.

Yes.  There is alcompat.h but it is too full.  Furthermore, there are different degress of compatibility.  There is the 4.2 API we want to retain, then there is the stuff that predates 4.2 (or even 4.0).

Unfortunately CVS doesn't handle file renaming at all.  In the interests of making merges easier, I suggest to keep the 4.2 API in their current headers, and put new API stuff into new headers.  (Yes, I know I didn't do this in my changes so far.)  This should probably apply to C source files too, unless the compatibility version and the 4.2 versions of the files differ significantly.  Maybe if we switch to SVN later we can do the renaming.

Peter