Re: [AD] extra note for Mac OS X build doc

> I've read about Macs supporting something called bundles, which
> allows them to create multi version binaries. Is there any chance
> for Allegro to create bundles which work for older versions?

I'm not very familiar with OS X, so I don't know how that works. It
would seem kind of pointless to double the archive size (a new copy of
Allegro and the application) just to fix a linking bug that need not
exist.

The problem here is due to some bug with gcc 4. See my test thread:
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=490191

And another thread from someone else:
http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2005/5/1/134410

Essentially gcc 4 creates a bogus dependency on "libmx" that prevents
it from working. As it is now, any programmer that uses OS X 10.4
(with the default gcc 4) will be under the false impression that the
binary built will work on previous versions of the OS.

--
Matthew Leverton
http://www.allegro.cc