Re: [AD] GCC 4 warnings for MacOS X

> Can you elaborate?

Things like triple buffering don't work on the Mac.  I consider that
Mac weirdness because I was a hardcore PC guy for the first 21 years of
my life before making the switch, and I used to love triple buffering
(although I don't recall why). ^-^  Also, no 16 bit color mode.

So *expected* behaviours, not problems, but still weirdness.

> Yes, I would like to get rid of them even if nothing is actually
> broken. The reason being that it looks extremely sloppy for an
> open source project to generate warnings during compilation. I
> know most open source projects, including the Linux kernel,
> compile with a lot of warnings ranging from implicit declarations
> to uninitialised variables. Doesn't mean we have to
> follow suit though.

Fair enough, although considering some people will be compiling on GCC4
and others on 3.x, won't getting rid of all warnings be difficult?  I
agree that getting rid of warnings is good, though.  Often those
warnings can become errors.

> Strange. Did it work with previous versions of OS X? What error do
> you get?

It used to work fine with the 4.1.x WIP versions, ever since the
template was added.  (Quite a lovely way to develop on the Mac,
actually, as XCode is a nice editor.)

The files simply don't copy through.  I think it has something to do
with "install;" I really haven't looked at it though.  I'm afraid I
can't give the exact error message right now because my laptop's at
home and we don't have internet, so I'm sitting at a cafe. ^-^

I will say this: in the makefile the command used to install the
template is "install d ..." which, I think, should be "install -d."  I
changed that and still had a problem, though.

Like I said I'm gonna try to look through the Mac errors.  I just can't
promise anything until sunday or monday Tokyo time as I'm pretty
swamped with work.  If the warnings are things you don't want in there
I can try to step through and remove them.

Guess I gotta learn how to use diff, finally.  Been avoiding that one.
;)

- Charles