Re: [AD] GCC 4 warnings for MacOS X

On Friday 13 May 2005 05:26, Charles Wardlaw wrote:
> Fair enough, although considering some people will be compiling on GCC4
> and others on 3.x, won't getting rid of all warnings be difficult?

In principle, yes. In practice, I think Allegro already compiles without
warnings on 3.x, at least it used to.

> I will say this: in the makefile the command used to install the
> template is "install d ..." which, I think, should be "install -d."  I
> changed that and still had a problem, though.

Hmm. That should already be fixed in CVS, so it's weird if it doesn't work.
Older versions of Allegro used cp instead of install. Does it work if you
revert that change?

> Guess I gotta learn how to use diff, finally.  Been avoiding that one.
> ;)

You may find http://www.allegro.cc/dev/make-diff.php helpful in that case.

Evert