Re: [AD] GCC 4 warnings for MacOS X

> Nearly every example works, and the ones that don't, don't due to Mac
> weirdness.

Can you elaborate?

> Is the interest in getting rid of all warnings before release?  I only
> flit in and out of this list at release times, so I don't know what the
> procedure is, really.

Yes, I would like to get rid of them even if nothing is actually broken.
The reason being that it looks extremely sloppy for an open source project
to generate warnings during compilation. I know most open source projects,
including the Linux kernel, compile with a lot of warnings ranging from
implicit declarations to uninitialised variables. Doesn't mean we have to
follow suit though.

> I haven't been able to get the XCode template working at all; it
> doesn't even want to install from the makefile, and I don't know why.

Strange. Did it work with previous versions of OS X? What error do you get?

Evert