Re: [AD] Default cursor behavior in windowed mode

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 09:28 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > To hide the cursor again as soon as install_mouse is called. But anyway,
> > I really don't see the ABI problem..
>
> You're adding a new global symbol to the library, which breaks ABI
> compatibility in Windows.

The symbol is only added in the X11 version.

> Personally, I don't feel very strongly either way in this case. The most
> important thing is that we don't want to introduce new bugs at this stage
> by changing things.

Yes, I agree. So not changing this now would be the right thing :P

But then, I always found it odd that the cursor disappears and is warped
to the center of the Allegro window.. not sure why I didn't think of
changing this earlier myself. And it can simply be switched on again
with a config variable.

I think I'll have a look how hard it is to to the same for windows while
working on the ToAscii patch (*sigh* that ToAscii oversight also
shouldn't have happened. I made sure the WM_CHAR driver would work in
win98 - then when I found out how to get the DInput driver working,
completely forgot about win98).

--
Elias Pschernig