4.3 coexistence (was Re: [AD] load_datafile_object using index)

Elias Pschernig wrote:

This reminds me.. would it be ok to rename the libraries in
new_api_branch, like this:

Yes, go ahead.

Then, for the includes, not sure. Maybe modify allegro.h (and the other
top-level includes) to recognize an ALLEGRO_FORCE_VERSION #define, and
depending on that, include the proper sub-header. Like, at the beginning
of allegro.h:

#if ALLEGRO_FORCE_VERSION=4.3
#include <allegro4.3/allegro.h>
#else
.. the normal 4.2 allegro.h contents go here
#endif

Finally, allegro-config would be named allegro-config-4.3.

You're right, we need a way to have both 4.2 and 4.3 installed and easily choose between them. I'm not sure about your proposal, but it seems kind of okayish :-)

Peter