Re: [AD] Re: WM_CHAR driver

> > Windows 3.1 port might be possible
>
> can we concentrate on moving forward not backwards.

Whiel I agree that a Windows 3.1 port is not likely to attract any new
users, I do think it would be nice to have an Allegro port that can be
completely independent of DirectX. As Andrei mentioned, if we use OpenGL
for graphics we could get away with not requiring DirectX for it.

As I understand it, the WaveOut and MIDI mapper drivers are not that useful
and DirectX is the prefered Windows way for dealing with sound, so in
practice we would probably still require DirectSound at least.

Elias, feel free to follow your own judgment and ideas on wether your new
input driver is stable enough for 4.2 and apply it before friday.

Evert