Re: [AD] Issues when building MSVC Allegro using Cygwin

Andrei Ellman:
> Evert Glebbeek wrote:
>> What a mess! :o
>> Does anyone have ideas on how to clean this up a bit?

> The only thing I can think of is to only support building with
> UNIX_TOOLS=1 in MSYS, and only support building without UNIX_TOOLS set
> in MinGW.

I had presumed that was already the case. :/

> In Cygwin, UNIX_TOOLS=1 is already a requirement. DJGPP seems to be able
> to handle both.

Attached is a proposed patch that avoids using Make's wildcard function;
instead using helper scripts to create the directories.

I've tested installing Allegro under Windows XP using Standard CLI/MinGW and
MSYS/MinGW. I've tested the batch script by itself under Windows 98 SE and
FreeDOS. I'm a complete UNIX shell scripting newbie, so it would be nice if
someone could have a look at mdhelper.sh. Also, more testing is needed, of
course.

--
Daniel Schlyder