Re: [AD] Allegro generalization/extension mechanism

guilt wrote:
I'm not saying that the whole thing must be distributed separately..
release it like "allegro-project-4.3.x" which contains "allegro-base"
and "allegro-impl" and "allegro-stdext" ... if you like.. but within
that, make sure that "everything is present". All I'm saying is that,
make it "modular". It's easier to maintain Alegro that way...

If they're all gonna be distributed in the same package, and all be maintained by the same developers, why seperate them? What will it accomplish? Allegro can be (and already is, somewhat) modular without having to be split up into seperate libs.