Re: [AD] Building Allegro for MSVC using the latest Cygwin is broken

> I could fix runner.exe so that it checks for the exstence of the MSVCDIR
> environment variable, and if found, it prepends it to the front of
> the
> command-line. However, if MSVC is installed and the MSVCDIR is set
> and
> the user tries to build Allegro for Watcom, then runner.exe will try
> call Watcom's EXEs with the MSVCDir prefix. One way around this is to
> only prepend the MSVCDir on problematic filenames such as LINK.EXE.
>
> Does anyone know what watcom's executables are called? I only have
> MSVC
> here. Is Watcom's linker also called LINK.EXE?

Wait, shouldn't we rethink this? The runner could know what compiler to use
(specifically, if it needs to use Watcom or MSVC) just by looking at what
compiler name it was past. Even if that were not so, it could know it
because Allegro was configured (well, fix.bated) for a specific compiler.
So there shouldn't be any confusion as far as I can see.

Evert