Re: [AD] Building Allegro for MSVC using the latest Cygwin is broken

On Monday 07 March 2005 22:36, Wackonet Mailbag Default account wrote:
> Is runner.exe only used to invoke the compiler-specific executables, or
> is it used to invoke some DOS commands as well?

I'm not sure. I think it is only needed as a wrapper around the MSVC
commandline compiler, but the reason it's needed escapes me at the moment.

> Do you think runner.exe should use the MSVCDIR (or MSVCDir) environment
> variable to prepend the path-name to the command-line, or do you think
> that the makefile should pass the command-line as a paramater to
> runner.exe? The former is the cleanest solution, but if there are
> several compilers installed, then if the MSVCDir environment variable is
> set, then that might cause problems for when building Allegro for other
> compilers.

I think runner is only used for MSVC. I'm not completely sure about the
Watcom and BCC ports though.

Evert