Re: [AD] Add timeBeginPeriod(1) to wtimer.c - locks in ddraw_draw_sprite

> It's at the start of the bitmap section of the manual: ``They live in
> system memory, so you aren't limited by the amount of video ram in your
> card, but they are stored in a platform-specific format that may enable
> better hardware acceleration than is possible with a normal memory bitmap
> (see the GFX_HW_SYS_TO_VRAM_BLIT and GFX_HW_SYS_TO_VRAM_BLIT_MASKED flags
> in gfx_capabilities).'' :)

Oh well, I read that, what I meant is any hint to the fact that only
draw_sprite would use DirectDraw, the other functions draw_sprite_*_flip
would not. Sorry for not being clear.

> > Well, the question for locks then remains for only ddraw_draw_sprite,
> > and
> > there I do not at all understand the coding and why all the locking and
> > unlocking is there as it is. Maybe I'll just try to apply some changes
> > and
> > see what happens then...
>
> If you find something, let us know :)
>
> Evert

Be sure of that. Hopefully I can go into it this evening.

best regards
tobing