Re: [AD] Add timeBeginPeriod(1) to wtimer.c - locks in ddraw_draw_sprite

> THAT I
> did not read in the documentation, so I was thinking that using system
> memory should always be the better choice.

It's at the start of the bitmap section of the manual: ``They live in
system memory, so you aren't limited by the amount of video ram in your
card, but they are stored in a platform-specific format that may enable
better hardware acceleration than is possible with a normal memory bitmap
(see the GFX_HW_SYS_TO_VRAM_BLIT and GFX_HW_SYS_TO_VRAM_BLIT_MASKED flags
in gfx_capabilities).'' :)

> Well, the question for locks then remains for only ddraw_draw_sprite,
> and
> there I do not at all understand the coding and why all the locking and
> unlocking is there as it is. Maybe I'll just try to apply some changes
> and
> see what happens then...

If you find something, let us know :)

Evert