Re: [AD] Add timeBeginPeriod(1) to wtimer.c

can you tell me which functions and i will take a look at it.

aj.

Tobias Scheuer wrote:
One question is, why does draw_sprite need so many critical sections?
Just
wondering. I saw n calls to draw_sprite call 3*n times
EnterCritialSection
and LeaveCriticalSection.

I'm not sure... someone who knows about the Windows code should probably
have a look at it and be able to tell more. Other than that, perhaps it

can

be optimized by rearranging some instructions.

I assume no one has been able to do this? Would it be worthwhile to do it?

Evert

I think it would be definitely wothwile to reduce synchronizing calls, as
they are amoung the most time consuming calls you can make. I would have
tried it myself, but I'm not that windows guru and did not want to go into
all the depths of the allegro implementation here. Maybe I should do it, if
there's nobody else... Tobias