Re: [AD] -fomit-frame-pointer Again

Dustin Dettmer a écrit :
> I strongly feel this should be removed from the
> allegro makefiles, entirely, untill a patch is made to
> insert it for files that do not use callbacks.  It is
> simply detrimental to a C++ coder, as it makes using
> exceptions, a vital C++ feature, hard and complete
> unusable at times.

Could you elaborate on that ? I've been using -fomit-frame-pointer on my C++
project, which uses exceptions, and I never noticed anything...

> Anyway thats what I think.  A lot of you will probably
> disagree with me, but I just wanted to put it out
> there one more time and after this I'll shut up about
> it.

Well, it can always be discussed :-)

> P.S. Doesnt it mess up the backtraces too?

Yes it does. However, you need to use the debug library if you want meaningful
backtraces anyway, and that one doesn't have -fomit-frame-pointer (or at
least shouldn't ;-).

--
Julien Cugnière