Re: [AD] keyconf

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 01:08 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:

> Cheers! It never ceases to amaze me how hard it can be to find out how to
> do things in Windows. MSDN is good, but some information is just scattered
> too thin and Windows is just too confusing.

Yeah. The DInput docs mention nothing about TranslateMessage, and
TranslateMessage only has this note: "If applications process
virtual-key messages for some other purpose, they should not call
TranslateMessage." No direct mention of DI. Well, during the final
touching up of the WM_CHAR driver, that quote actually caused me to try
the DI driver again.. :P

> > Hm, and I also have an almost working WM_CHAR driver now (the reason
> > was explained in the deleted story above :P), so maybe we can have two
> > drivers, a dinput one and a WM_CHAR one.
>
> Is it useful to have two? Otherwise, I think we can just stick to the
> DInput driver.

Hm, it would be as useful as the GDI driver.. so yes, I guess, no need
for it. But now that it's already written - I'll keep it around just in
case :)

--
Elias Pschernig