Re: [AD] 64bit CPU detection patch

> also, there is a note near  it    (in the
> /allegro4.1.17/src/i386/icpu.c  line 118)
> that says:
>
> cpu_model = (reg[0] & 0xF0) >> 4;  //Note: Pentium 4 = 0xF -> needs
changing.

> what is it that needs changing ? i dont understand what it means?

No idea... I think it means that cpu_model=0xf if the CPU is a Pentium 4,
but why and what else it should be I don't know.

> but if its wrong, i'd like to get it fixed asap.

So would I. Does it actually work as it should? If not, what should Pentium
4 identification code look like?

i have a file i got from somewhere on the net that does a lot of identification work, but it uses many methods and makes many presumptions, i am not feeling like i should just quote it without further study..
i also use win32 api calls to get info which is inappropriate for allegro.
i also use windows registery querys to confirm that the win32api, my net-found code and CPU-Z (windows CPU ID app) are all saying the same thing.. when i get back (after jan15) i will do more research.

> (i go holiday for a week, expect no reply until after 15jan).

Enjoy your vacation.

thank you, i will.