Re: [AD] load_font patch

On Saturday 22 January 2005 16:23, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Hm, I'm for color and center. But consistent to itself, the Allegro API
> as well as the current docs are very inconsistent here..

Hmm... I guess we should fix that for the 4.2 docs.

> Personally, I'm all for using US/international spelling, since it seems
> to be what is used mostly in scientific papers, especially in CS related
> ones, and that's where a programming library would fall.

Well, it's clear that I'm not writing those papers :P
Seriously, I think the reason for this is not a general use of US spelling,
but the fact that a lot of journals are printed in/for the US, or very US
oriented. I'm sure the Astrophysical Journal promotes US spelling, but I
doubt Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Socienty does.

> In any case, color should be used instead of colour in the font
> modifications, since all the API functions already use the former.

Done in my local copy.

> Hm, maybe instead of using a pointer to int as last param, use a pointer
> to an array of two strings, which name the objects. Like this:
>
> char const *names[] = {"myfont", "mypal"};
> load_data_font("my.dat", pal, names);
> The objects "myfont" and "mypal" simply are used as font and palette.

I love it!

Evert