Re: [AD] load_font patch

On Saturday 22 January 2005 15:39, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> grep color allegro._tx | wc -l
> 671
> grep colour allegro._tx | wc -l
> 19
>
> I think, we should try to use consistent international spelling. Maybe
> at some point, can do a patch which replaces all colour and centre and
> behaviour and so on. (Or if we agree on that, use British everywhere -
> but in any case, be consistent. In this case, use color.)

I'm for colour and centre! ;)
To be honest, I never really paid attention to this. I use British spelling
without thinking about it, but I'm not sure that I do that consistently
with different words. But I agree that we should pick one and be
consistent.

> > +   The first character in the font range, or -1 if that information is
not

> This has a blank at the end of the line, and the same is the case more
> often later. Should remove all such blanks.

Will do.

> > +   This function returns the last character of the character ramge for
the
> typo                                                            ^

I'll fix it, thanks.

> Hm, and you should try to be consistent with "True Type" and "TrueType",
> not sure which one is right.

I guess it's TrueType... I'll check for that too.

> - is_compatible_font should be documented or made internal

It should be documented, I'd meant for it to be a public function.

> - Why is there no way to get information about the font ranges? I think
> get_font_range_[begin/end] should have an additional parameter, like
> this:
>
> n = get_font_ranges(font) // return number of ranges in font
> get_font_range_begin(font, i) // return first character of range i,
> where i is in [0..n-1]

Hmm... makes sense I suppose. Although this will complicate some of the
other code, but nothing too serious.

> - load_dat_font
> For maximum clarity, should add something like below, even if it can be
> deduced from the example (that is, i'm not sure i deduced it right):
>
> The first font (n = 0) must be named FONT_1_DATA, and its (optional)
> palette must be named FONT_1_COLORS (please rename the COLOUR spelling
> also here).

Not nescessarily. They can have either name, but the palette must be
*before* the font. FONT_1_COLORS and FONT_1_DATA where the easiest way I
could think of to make that so. Ideally, one could do something like FONT
and FONT_PALETTE, but then the palette gets sorted *after* the font. Maybe
I should just change the way the palette is searched to find it after the
FONT instead of before.

> Oh, and besides the points above, good work, doing this was long overdue

Thanks :)

> - and since Xavier González is here, maybe alfont will support all of it
> soon :)

That'd be cool!

Evert