Re: [AD] window resizing

> Can we at least allow resizing of the screen even if the user has to
> manually call a function?

There's no reliable way to resize a bitmap at present, I'm not sure the
screen should be any different in this regard. Again, this is not
something Allegro was designed to do and implementing this so shortly
before finalizing 4.2 is probably a bad idea. In other words, to do this
right requires a lot of extra work and testing, and I'm not sure the
feature is important enough to delay 4.2 for it. More so because we can
(in principle) implement it properly immediately after 4.2 has come out.
Besides...

> I find resetting the graphics mode to be a bit
> cumbersome and doesnt work all the time, sometimes even crashing.

... resizing the screen would almost certainly require re-setting the
graphics mode for all intend and purposes anyway. In what sense doesn't
this work all the time and when does it crash? That shouldn't happen and
sounds like a bug. I'd be more pleased with fixing that than introducing a
new feature at this point.

Evert