[AD] window resizing

I have hacked on xwin.c to enable window resizing in X11 which works fine but I have not found a clean way yet to update the graphics driver and the current screen bitmap. Im not familiar enough with the Allegro internals to know of a good way to do this. Would a callback work? The way I imagine it is when the ConfigureNotify event is received in the X event handler, it calls a function pointer much like what _xwin_mouse_interrupt is, to reconfigure the gfx driver and update the screen bitmap. It would also call a user supplied call back( if one is set ) to let the user update their own stuff.

The xwin code doesnt seem to "know" about the current graphics driver, though, except for the times that it is passed into a function such as _xwin_create_screen. Is there some way to get the current gfx driver?