Re: [AD] XIM patch for Allegro 4.1.x

I just grabbed the allegro-20041106 tarball in order to test the new keyboard
driver. I must say it works very fine, congratulations! Here are a few things
I noted:

(1) I like it :-)

(2) exkeys behave strangely when it asks you to hold numbers, but the KEY_0
and co. constants don't mean numbers anymore :-) I wonder if we should
remove/change this part ? Maybe even all the parts of the examples that make
assumptions about the keyboard layout ?

(3) pressing a dead key (like ^) seems to set key[0]. No one is supposed to be
looking into key[0], but I just though I'd mention it.

(4) Are you going to implement scancode_to_ascii() ? This is a very usefull
function, for example to display meaningful key names in a
controls-configuration screen. Even more so now that a lot of KEY_* constants
have lost their meaning...

(5) The changes made to the X port seem to have broken AllegroGL :-( Some of
its examples work, but other crash. In my current project, if I call
install_keyboard(), there are things that fails for no apparent reasons...

--
Julien Cugnière