[AD] Allegro window being resizeable?

Several times proposals have been made to support resizeable windows
in Allegro.  Searching the mailing list archives for "window resize"
(require both words) I find very old patches from 2000 from Bob
to just implement a hook, a posterior proposal by Angelo in 2001
with several functions caring about the future, a rejection of a
feature requiest by Eric on 2002, I can see a working patch for
windows only at http://molhanec.net/allegro.php, etc.

It seems like a nice to have feature that nobody really wants to
implement, or nobody seems to agree on how to do it. What are your
current views about this feature? Still unfeasible for 4.x?