Re: [AD] GIF patent / support

On Friday 08 October 2004 1:56 am, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> This is news to me. I know gifs can be less than 256 colours, but I haven't
> heard that they can be more than that. I'll have to google for that...

Chris would have me reply to this for him:

I found the site:
http://phil.ipal.org/tc.html

And here's a larger .gif showing it off (though as you can see it takes
forever to load):
http://phil.ipal.org/tc2.gif

I'm not saying this makes GIF any more useable than before. But, saying
that .gif is limited to 256 colors just isn't true.

--
Regards,
Ryan Patterson <mailto:rpatters@xxxxxxxxxx>