Re: [AD] giftware license

Elias Pschernig wrote:

I think the following, from the Boost license, is slightly better:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

I especially like the "ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE" part.

Ok, after realizing that TORT is not the same as TART, it makes more
sense. NON-INFRIGEMENT actually makes me wonder.. how many patents are
volated by Allegro's code?

Anyway.. I'm not really sure if this should go into the FAQ, or maybe
added somewhere else..

I think the disclaimer should be placed right under the giftware licence, wherever the giftware licence is seen (readme.txt, web page, etc.)

Peter