Re: [AD] giftware license

Elias Pschernig:
> I attached a new patch against faq._tx - it has the above changes, and
> some revised wording (but I'm no native speaker as well). And while
> reading it again, I'm wondering about that last disclaimer (which I
> guess is out of GPL or MIT).. it's much less understandable than the
> one with the dog :P Maybe we should instead try to explain what it
> means?

Nah, a disclaimer should be legalese. :)

I think the following, from the Boost license, is slightly better:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

I especially like the "ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE" part.

--
Daniel Schlyder
http://bitblaze.com/