Re: [AD] demo of new joystick API

Yes, FF would be great. I'm afraid that any API we come up with might be too closely tied to DirectInput though. What does MacOS X have? Linux has nothing standardised, AFAIK.

I never used the FF framework shipped with OSX, but by a quick glance to its docs I found this:

"The Force Feedback API allows developers to control Force Feedback devices attached to the system. It is a distilled version of the Force Feedback functionality found in Microsoft's DirectInput API. Developers familiar with that API should find this API to be similar."

So we should have little problems with a generalized approach...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx