Re: [AD] new_api_branch news

> > AFAIK, the new_api_branch will slowly be integrated into Allegro after
> > 4.2 (in 4.3). It's probably best to wait 'til then.
>
> It will become 4.3 once 4.2 is out.  Meanwhile, changes in the 4.1.x
> tree will be merged into the new_api_branch.  I thought 4.2 would be out
> relatively soon, but that's up to Elias, Evert, yourself and Eric.

I think we had a schedule to have 4.2 ready by the end of the year,
christmas, say. The todo list is starting to shrink, but there are several
things at least that should be done before that time. A new DirectX driver
would be a good thing, for instance.

> [1] For this reason, Evert, feel free to commit your gfx API work into
> the new_api_branch whenever you want.

Ah, cool. I'll synchronize my local tree with the CVS tree and commit what
I have now during the week.

Evert