Re: [AD] Discussion on Allegro 4.2 on allegro.cc

> Allegro 4.2 has been discussed somewhat on this thread on Allegro.cc for
> those who've missed it:
> http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=390926#target
> I don't think quoting it all here is that useful.
> As Peter said:
> > I'd really like to get especially Eric, Angelo and Bob's responses.

I always have been for an evolutionary approach (I'm an adept of the "Don't
rewrite from scratch" mantra).  So I think rewriting and prefixing one
module at a time (or a few) between stable releases is a good idea.  As to
whether this is doable while maintaining (strict) backwards compatibility,
I'm a bit skeptical.  But challenges are meant to be surmounted.

--
Eric Botcazou