Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

On Thursday 26 August 2004 23:35, Peter Wang wrote:
> It's a hack for using the mouse for first-person shooter type games,
> where the mouse is supposed to have an infinite range of movement
> (according to get_mouse_mickeys).  There really isn't a better way to
> facilitate this behaviour, so you'll just have to resort to the software
> cursor while the hack is in effect.

Probably... but I actually didn't see any difference in the output of
exmouse with or without it. In either case, the mouse position was updated
normally and the mickey count reached a high value if I moved the mouse
rapidly and falls to 0 if it is idle. Should I be seeing something
different?

> >I guess, but I can't reproduce the problem locally: the colour cursor
looks
> >and behaves normally for me. My desktop colourdepth is set to 16 bit.
> >What's yours?
> >

> 32 bit.  I also tried 16 bit and 8 bit just then, with the same result.
> I'm using the "sis" driver for X.

I'm using NVidia's drivers on a GeForce 2 MX, with XFree86 4.3;
I don't have the system setup to test other colour depths than 16 bit at
the moment, but I'll play around with those tomorrow and see if I can
reproduce the problem in a different colour depth.
Just to be clear: the problem only occurs with the coloured cursor in
exmouse, not with the black and white cursor or in the test program?

Evert