Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

What is strange is that the normal, software cursor, continues to work normally for me too if I disable (and effectively remove) the _xwin_set_warped_mouse_mode call. So it looks like it doesn't actually do anything. Does anyone know what it is for and under what circumstances it is needed? Otherwise I'm inclined to just take it out.

It's a hack for using the mouse for first-person shooter type games, where the mouse is supposed to have an infinite range of movement (according to get_mouse_mickeys). There really isn't a better way to facilitate this behaviour, so you'll just have to resort to the software cursor while the hack is in effect.

I guess, but I can't reproduce the problem locally: the colour cursor looks and behaves normally for me. My desktop colourdepth is set to 16 bit. What's yours?

32 bit. I also tried 16 bit and 8 bit just then, with the same result. I'm using the "sis" driver for X.

Peter