Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

On Thursday 26 August 2004 05:18, Peter Wang wrote:
> 1. exmouse seems to be slow leaving "mickey mode", i.e. after you press
> a key on the first screen the mouse keeps jumping back to the centre for
> a while.

Yes. The problem goes away for me if I remove the
_xwin_set_warped_mouse_mode(TRUE); call from _xwin_mousedrv_get_mickeys in
xmouse.c, or, equivalently, if I disable _xwin_set_warped_mouse_mode/
_xwin_private_set_warped_mouse_mode.
This means that the Allegro cursor is always moved to the X cursor (but
they're the same if we have a hardware cursor, of course).

What is strange is that the normal, software cursor, continues to work
normally for me too if I disable (and effectively remove) the
_xwin_set_warped_mouse_mode call. So it looks like it doesn't actually do
anything.
Does anyone know what it is for and under what circumstances it is needed?
Otherwise I'm inclined to just take it out.

> 2. The colourful mouse sprite in the last screen of exmouse is not
> properly transparent.  In 8-bit mode the parts of the sprite that are
> supposed to be transparent show up as opaque white.  If I add a
> set_color_depth(16) before the set_gfx_mode(), then the parts that are
> supposed to be transparent show up as translucent magic pink.  I guess
> it has to do with the alpha channel of the mouse sprite.

I guess, but I can't reproduce the problem locally: the colour cursor looks
and behaves normally for me. My desktop colourdepth is set to 16 bit.
What's yours?

Evert