Re: [AD] DGA2 problem?

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
I did notice that masked vram->vram blits are not accelerated for me using DGA 2, while they are accelerated in DX. Is this normal, or is it an issue with either DGA or Allegro?

I have accelerated blits (and masked blits) with DGA2. Perhaps there's something wrong with your drivers? The default XFree config file I get has the dge extension disabled by default, too.

I also noticed that putpixel in X11 is significantly faster than it is using the DX driver in Windows (by two orders of magnitude using 4.1.15 WIP, even more when using current CVS). Is this normal too?

Perhaps locking is faster in X than DirectX? Could also be that X does the putpixel in a seperate thread where DX doesn't.. I don't really know though. 4.1.15 doesn't contain my xlock/acquire patch, though so that may be why it's faster in CVS.

- Kitty Cat