Re: [AD] adding new target to allegro: OpenWatcom Win32

Eric Botcazou wrote:

I consider it normal for how could atexit() call functions of
different calling conventions? Any pointer to a function must be
marked as a function with a certain convention and if none stated -
default compilers (and RTL) c.c. is assumed.

Ok, so I presume Watcom can't use any of the various standard C runtimes on
Windows (crt.dll, msvcrt.dll, ...)?

Everyone can use Watcom with standard __cdecl calling conventions by passing proper command line options to it. Probably the first step for Juras would be to try compiling Allegro for Watcom with stack based calling conventions.

PS. I had some experience with Watcom compiler in the past. Right, it compiles the sources rather fast and its optimizer *was* producing fast binaries (nowadays both MSVC and GCC optimize better than Watcom). What is the most disappointing, Watcom is also one of the most buggy compilers I ever worked with.